Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review: Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara

I'm officially obsessed with finding the best drugstore mascara.

After my unfortunate failure with Maybelline One by One Volum' Express, I asked my followers on Twitter about their favorite mascaras...Cover Girl's infamous Lash Blast won by a landslide!  I really needed to toss out my Maybelline mascara because I was sick of having to hold my breath every single time I applied it (yes, it reeks THAT bad), so I picked up these two Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe mascaras (available in four shades) in Black Royale and Black Cabernet during a BOGO 1/2 off sale at Walgreens.  Apparently the four shades are supposed to compliment your eye color, but I just chose whichever colors tickled my fancy.


From the start, I was very impressed by the brush.  I've never used a mascara with a brush head like this, and I could already tell by the densely packed bristles that this mascara would grab every single lash.

Application of the mascara was very smooth and easy, but one of my biggest gripes would be the humongous packaging!  Is this really necessary?  I'd like to start carrying around mascara in my makeup bag for my purse, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to find a smaller packaged mascara to fit with all my necessities...

If you can notice in my pictures, the mascara also has a hint of shimmer to enhance your peepers...I don't think it makes much of a difference, but it's an interesting touch.  As for the product's claims of "mega volume", I would vouch for some volume after adding a couple more coats than usual.

If you're looking for an excellent drugstore mascara that gives great definition, length, and some volume with a little extra work, definitely give Lash Blast Luxe a try!

And it doesn't smell either =]

Naked lashes...I actually went to work without mascara today
After two coats of Lash Blast Luxe mascara in Black Cabernet
(please excuse my unruly eyebrows)

No comments:

Post a Comment