Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Mascara

I'm definitely someone who would rather have defined lashes than clumpy lashes.  I was attracted to Maybelline One by One Volum' Express mascara because of its claim of "clump-free volume," but I'm sad to say, I'm slightly disappointed.

One of my favorite mascaras is Maybelline Full and Soft mascara, so I was hoping that this one would deliver on its promises.  When I first opened the actual mascara container, I noticed a distinct smell...YUCK!  I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but it's definitely not pleasing to my senses.  Honestly, I have to hold my breath every time I apply this mascara because I find the scent so repulsive.

At first glance, I already knew I liked the brush.  I could tell that it would produce defined, numerous lashes, but I wasn't too sure about volume...

It took three coats of this mascara to create the slightest increase in volume.  As of late, I haven't been wearing any eyeliner because I find it time consuming when I'm in a hurry, so I'm really looking for a mascara that will pump up my lashes without sacrificing definition.

However, I do find this mascara very useful in defining every single lash of my bottom lashes, and after curling my lashes, it did make my lashes appear longer.

Le sigh...my search continues for the perfect clump-free volume mascara!

Nekkid lashes
Three coats of Maybelline One by One Volum' Express mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment