Sunday, February 6, 2011

YouTube Spotlight: Lisa Eldridge

Like many other ladies out there, I'm an avid subscriber of many makeup gurus on YouTube.  I'm not too keen on the idea of starting my own channel because I don't consider myself an expert on makeup...in fact, I think I'm remotely far from being one!

However, there is one makeup guru on YouTube that I just subscribed to a couple months ago, and she is TRULY a makeup expert.

I don't mean to offend anyone who posts makeup tutorials on YouTube - but she didn't just hop online and upload a video; she has paid her dues and risen to success in the beauty and fashion industry through hard work, passion, and dedication.  How did it take me so long to find her?


Meet Lisa Eldridge:
"I've been working as a professional make-up artist for 21 years. I've worked on hundreds of fashion, beauty and celebrity shoots and covers as well as fashion shows and red carpet events. My work has taken me all over the world and I've been based in London, Paris, New York and LA at different times throughout my career.

I feel incredibly blessed to have been so successful in a field I absolutely love and for which I'm as passionate today as I was over 20 years ago. In the past decade I have been lucky enough to work more in depth behind the scenes of the cosmetic industry, creating and designing make-up brands. First for Shiseido in Tokyo and more recently as creative director of Boots No7.

I'm so excited by YouTube as its really opening up the world of make-up and beauty. I'm thrilled that a whole world of make-up lovers are now communicating with each other. I love creating beautiful, modern and above all, achievable looks and believe that make-up is for everyone."


This woman has done many covers and editorials for Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair, etc...you name it, she's done it.  She recently posted a video on the look that she did on Cheryl Cole (one of my girl crushes!) for the February 2011 issue of Elle UK.

I believe that you should always give credit where credit is due, so please take the time and subscribe to her channel.  If you're in love with makeup and beauty like I am, I promise you will be enlightened =]

No comments:

Post a Comment