Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Summertime Red: OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston

I'm a huge fan of bright red nail polish, especially during the warmer months.  Although the heat wave hasn't hit Chicago yet, I think I've already found my favorite red nail polish for this summer!

I know for a fact that there are only a few red nail polishes that suit my undertones: bluish-red nail polishes (along with lipsticks in the same color family) definitely do not work in my favor.  During a recent trip to Ulta, I naturally gravitated towards a new red nail polish in OPI's Spring/Summer 2011 Texas Collection, Guy Meets Gal-Veston ($8.50).

OPI has always been my nail polish of choice.  The large brush and long handle makes application extremely easy for me because I have very long fingers.  With a good base coat and top coat, it usually takes my OPI polishes a couple days of wear to show any signs of chipping.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any good photos until two days after I did my nails, and I'd say they still look pretty good after two whole days!

These pictures definitely do not do this color justice, so if you're looking for the perfect summertime red, give this one a try =]. Don't forget to use those coupons at Ulta and watch out for their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sales on OPI!

No comments:

Post a Comment