Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Hairspray (Lightweight Hold & Extra Hold)

True story: I haven't used any Suave hair products since my childhood years.  In fact, I'm not a huge fan of drugstore hair products in general, just because I've never been satisfied with the results.  Call me a hair product snob, but my thick, dry, wavy hair needs some extra loving to look its finest.

However, I think I've found a new line of drugstore hair products to change my mind...

Suave has recently revamped their Suave Professionals line with products that are "salon proven" to be comparable to higher-end salon brands such as Sebastian, Matrix, Redken, Rene Furterer, etc.  I spotted the new line at my Walgreens and picked up two bottles of the Touchable Finish Hairspray in Lightweight Hold and Extra Hold (around $3.00 each, available at drugstores, supermarkets, Target, etc.).

I figured that I would use the Lightweight Hold hairspray for my unruly bangs because I didn't want them to feel too crunchy.  Even after running around for hours at work, at the end of the day my bangs have stayed in place!  My hair still feels very manageable and "touchable" (as the product promises), and I do find the results similar to the Sebastian Re-Shaper hairspray.  However, the Suave Professionals hairspray does have an added plus: no white residue after brushing!

As of late I've been curling my hair for some special occasions, and I thought it was the perfect time to put the Extra Hold hairspray to the test.  I'm glad to say that I'm very satisfied with the results!  Although my curls are somewhat relaxed by the end of the day, they still have shape and definition without any crunchiness.  I would say that it definitely gives my beloved Rusk W8Less Plus hairspray a run for its money...and that's a big statement.

I'm excited to test more products from the new Suave Professionals line!  Some of them are a little hard to find, so keep an eye out because you don't want to miss out on these drugstore gems =]

1 comment: