Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mint-y Fresh!

I know it seems that I'm a little late on this trend - but to tell you the truth, I've been on the hunt for the perfect mint green nail polish for a couple months now.  Most of the colors I've seen were too green, too blue, or too blue-green, so I was beginning to lose hope.  But FINALLY, after months of searching, I found my perfect mint green - OPI Stranger Tides.

OPI released this minty green varnish as part of the new Pirates of Caribbean collection.  When I first saw pictures of this collection, I was instantly attracted to Mermaid's Tears (first from left), but unfortunately my local Ulta sold out within two days!



After a second visit to Ulta - again, in search of Mermaid's Tears - I thought hey, why not?  I grabbed a bottle of Stranger Tides and headed to the checkout counter.

I went home, brushed it on...and needless to say, I WAS HOOKED (haha, get it?)!  Although it looked dull in the bottle (and in the advertisement), it's a completely different story once you have it on your nails.  The color is playful enough for the summer but can still transition into the fall with its minty, yet subdued, green tones.  I definitely think that it can compliment a range of skin colors, and I know for sure that I'll be using this over and over again...probably even until the Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment