Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Butterless Apple Brownies



Yes, I know, I've been slacking.  But what can I say...life gets busy!

Winter break is approaching, and if there's one thing I know that I'll definitely be doing during winter break, it's BAKING =]

I don't exactly remember how I came across this recipe, but once I saw it, I knew I had to try it.  As I quickly skimmed over the ingredients to determine if it was something I could immediately bake without having to drive my lazy ass to the store, I noticed one thing...NO BUTTER!  Although the recipe does call for 1 cup of vegetable oil, in my opinion, that's way better than 2 whole sticks of butter.

I wouldn't personally call these "brownies" because I think the texture is more cake-like, if anything.  Call them what you want, they're super moist, delicious, and extremely easy to bake.  ENJOY!

Grandma's Secret Apple Brownies!

Original recipe found here

3 call purpose flour
3 capples
2 csugar
1 tspcinnamon
1 tspbaking soda
1/3 corange juice
2eggs
1 cvegetable oil
     1 tspsalt

Directions

Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
Peel and core about 3 to 4 apples, Finely chop apples (You want the pieces small)

Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl.  
Bake at 325 degrees for appoximately 45 mins to 1 hour.

Eat and Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment